where is every one?

• Author
    Profile photo of tarutinous
    tarutinous

My last post was at the beginning of August and nothing seems to have happened here since then.

Is it just that there isn’t any interest in the forum or is every one just taking a quick look and seeing that there are no new posts since their last visit give up.I Dunno

Seems a shame.

Profile photo of ThePath
    ThePath
    Keymaster

What do you want to happen David?

If people have questions I and others will attempt to answer them. I have a huge amount of work on but I am still in the process of updating Honey Beekeeping and it will have THE most functionality available and be the best beekeeping site in that respect on the internet.

Hopefully with the new functionality (and some advertising) I can increase the user base on the new site, which will mean the forum gets busier too.

But as this site has a blog section I tend to post there rather than the forum (again I really havent had the time to write too much for the blog either but always welcome others input). The new site will allow people like yourself with something to say about beekeeping their very own blog which they have control over.

I run my own business which is taking up more and more of my time plus moving house and getting a new puppy has all had an effect. The new site will definitely be launched before Christmas though, so Im looking forward to that.

Dude

Help make this the best beekeeping website!
    Profile photo of tarutinous
    tarutinous

Path.

I am a little confused by your reply. My post was directed at the forum users/members not yourself.

Perhaps I should have said, it seems a shame that not many people are using the forum.

Did you read past the first line?

I certainly did not imply any criticism of the website or yourself.

David

Profile photo of ThePath
    ThePath
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I think the problem is that everyone is busy and only a small amount of total users bother to write anything on the forums. Fewer still are willing to be proactive and help out with writing articles or answering questions on the forum.

I realise you are not criticising me or the website but I dont think grumbling about the quietness of the forum helps anyone either. Sure it might be fairly quiet compared to some forums, but it is still fairly new compared to them and like I said it gets a good amount of traffic but not everyone posts. However every question on this forum has been answered in some way. So in that respect I think people can see its a good forum. Sure Id like to see more questions and more people helping to answer them. I do think this is partly my fault as I havent foudn the time to write more on the site and dont have the spare cash to advertise the forum on Google etc.

However I will be investing more time and cash when the new site is launched, the new site will be excellent and should attract more users willing to spend a bit of time here. So please bare with me and stay tuned, Im really excited about the new site and hope you will be too.

Dude

Help make this the best beekeeping website!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.